Head Varsity Co-ed Soccer Coach
The University of Wisconsin-Sheboygan (Sheboygan, WI) is accepting applications for Head Varsity Co-ed Soccer Coach for the 2018-19 academic year. This is a fixed term position for the specified period only. Renewal is not intended. Specific responsibilities will be determined after consultation with the UW-Sheboygan Athletic Director. The University of Wisconsin-Sheboygan competes in the Wisconsin Collegiate Conference (WCC), which is a Division III Junior College league.
GENERAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as Head Coach of the UW-Sheboygan varsity Co-ed Soccer team. Provide instruction of game strategies and soccer-related skills to student-athletes.
- Recruit student-athletes from area high school players and UW-Sheboygan enrolled students.
- Plan practice schedules and submit daily practice schedule to the Athletic Director. It is expected that the team will practice four or five times a week, depending on number of games per week, with times generally being between 4:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
- Overall team administration.
- Assist with game preparation.
- Prepare student-athletes for season schedule.
- Monitor student-athletes’ academic progress.
- Available for weekday games that generally begin at 4:30 p.m. and weekend (Saturday) contests generally played in the afternoon.
- Report statistics in a timely manner after each game to the web-based statistics program, the WCC Commissioner, and UW-Sheboygan Athletic Director.
- Report game results to various media outlets and UW-Sheboygan Athletic Director in a timely manner.
- Supervise student-athletes and equipment during practice sessions and games, and on all trips.
- Manage inventory, distribute and collect uniforms.
- Maintain statistical records and provide regular distribution of stats to the league office and Athletic Director.
- Along with the Athletic Director, submit student-athlete eligibility papers by due date.
- Along with the Athletic Director and HES Department instructor, oversee the HES course, Athletics for Credit.
- Assist Athletic Director in enforcing UW-Sheboygan and WCC eligibility, academic, and behavioral policies and expectations.
- Responsible for representation of UW-Sheboygan by self, assistant coaches, and student-athletes in a sportsmanlike and professional manner, in and outside the athletic environment.
- Attend the annual coaches meeting (via WisLine).
- Knowledge and experience of the game of soccer is required.
- First Aid and adult CPR and AED certification is required.
- Previous experience as a head coach at the high school and/or collegiate level is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must hold a valid Wisconsin driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- The applicant must be dedicated to meeting the needs of college level students.
DATES OF APPOINTMENT
Organized activities will occur approximately August 01, 2018 through October 25, 2018.
Submit 1) cover letter, 2) resume in which you describe how your education and experience provide the required and preferred qualifications we are looking for, and 3) contact information (names, phone numbers, and email addresses) for three current references, to: email@example.com. Please include "Soccer Coach" in your e-mail subject line.
Questions regarding the position may be directed to Penny Maletzke, Athletic Director, at (920) 459-6643, or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Dan Anhalt, Associate Dean for Finance and Administration, at (920) 459-6658, or email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until the position is filled.
The University of Wisconsin Colleges is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed diversity and inclusiveness among its employees and in its programs, and actively seeks and encourages applications from all underrepresented groups, including women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. In accordance with Wisconsin’s open records law we are required to provide, upon request, a list of all nominees and applicants who have not requested in writing that their identities remain confidential. The names and titles of all finalists for the position must be disclosed upon request. The form to request confidentiality is available at www.uwc.edu/jobs. A criminal records review (criminal background check) will be conducted for final candidates. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record. Convictions and pending charges will be considered only if they are substantially related to the circumstances of this position. Employment is contingent on establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Final candidates must also have their qualifications approved by the HES Department Chairperson.