Winterim 2019 Information Coming Soon
CHE 352 - Summer 2018 - 2 Credits
PLEASE NOTE ALL SUMMER SESSIONS ARE FULL AT THIS TIME. SIGN UP ON INTEREST LIST TO BE NOTIFIED OF OPENINGS THAT ARISE.
OPTION I: Tuesday, May 29—June 8, 2018 (10 full days including Saturday, June 2; No Class Sunday, June 3)
Locations: UW-Fond Du Lac, UW-Fox Valley, UW-Marshfield/Wood County, UW-Marathon County, UW-Manitowoc, UW-Rock County, UW-Waukesha, UW-Washington County
OPTION II: Tuesday, June 12—June 22, 2018 (10 full days including Saturday, June 16; No Class Sunday, June 17)
Locations: UW-Manitowoc. No longer offered at UW-Marshfield/Wood County
To Register: Follow Directions on Course Flyer.
This course provides the synthetic organic chemistry laboratory experience needed for chemistry and science majors and pre-professional majors in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and chiropractic. This accelerated schedule includes 85 hours of instruction and lab over a two-week period of time.
The goal is to provide a laboratory experience for students who are taking organic chemistry lecture at small campuses via distance education but who do not have access to laboratory instruction. The course will also serve other students who have been unable to complete organic chemistry laboratory.
CHE 352 (CHEM 344 at UW-Madison) includes reactions and techniques typically covered in both semesters of organic chemistry lecture, CHE 343 (CHEM 343 at UW-Madison) and CHE 363 (CHEM 345 at UW-Madison). Students enrolled in CHE 352 are expected to demonstrate an understanding of all reactions and techniques covered in the laboratory, regardless of prior exposure in lecture courses. It is HIGHLY recommended that students have successfully completed both Organic Chemistry I and II lecture courses before taking this CHE 352 organic chemistry lab course.
- Registration will only be available to those on our wait/interest list. Instructions to sign up for a Summer class spot will be emailed to those on our wait/interest list in mid-December. Signing up for a spot does not mean you are registered for the course.
- Only those who receive a confirmation email from Rebecca Bauer that they have been accepted to a campus will be allowed to register for the course.
- Join the interest list to receive information for winter and summer Organic Chemistry Boot Camp courses.
- Are you a graduating senior who needs this class? 1. Sign up for the Interest List. 2. Have your advisor email firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your need for the class, expectant graduation date, etc. for the potential to be bumped to the top of the list.
- Wisconsin Resident: $795
- Non-Resident: $995
Summer tuition is due May 1, 2018 and does not include books, course materials, segregated fees, housing, meals or transportation.
UW-Fond du Lac -Full*
- Direction & Maps
- In past students have stayed at Comfort Inn (about 9 miles from campus- shuttle available). Past price for entire camp: Approximately $325+tax/double room. More information to come following enrollment.
UW-Fox Valley -Full*
- Direction & Maps
- Campus Housing at Fox Village Student Apartments. Past Price: $55/night. More information to come following enrollment.
UW-Marathon County -Full*
- Directions & Maps
- Housing & Meal Plan Information - Campus Housing available at Marathon Hall. Cost is $200/single room or $160/double room. More information will be provided upon registering.
UW-Marshfield/Wood County -Full*
UW-Manitowoc - 2 openings (session 2)
- Directions & Map
- No campus housing available. In past students have stayed at AmericInn Lodge & Suites (about 3 miles from campus). Past price: Approximately $59.99/night for a double room. More information to come following enrollment.
UW-Rock County - Full*
- Directions & Maps
- Housing & Meal Plan Information -No Campus Housing. Check with Baymont Inn & Suites (about 8 miles from campus). Share a room and save money. Additional details to follow.
UW-Washington County - 1 opening
UW-Waukesha - Full*
- Direction & Map
- Campus Housing & Meal Plan Information to come.