Financial Aid

If you currently receive financial aid, you may request to add the study abroad cost to your financial aid package. This will not result in additional grant funds. It will maximize your loan eligibility. Please contact your campus Financial Aid Office to discuss your need.

If you are not currently receiving financial aid, you may apply for aid by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). All students are eligible for either need-based subsidized or unsubsidized non-need-based federal Stafford loans.

Consortium Agreements

Since you plan to participate in another institution's study abroad program your financial aid may travel with you. Make sure you discuss how to complete a consortium agreement between the institution that manages the study abroad program and your college when you contact your campus Financial Aid Office. If you are unsure as to your Direct Loan eligibility, check with them as well.

Other Financial Assistance Resources

UW Colleges Study Abroad Scholarship