Independent Study/Internship/Volunteering Abroad

The University of Wisconsin Colleges students may get credit for their experience in an independent study, internship, or volunteer project abroad not sponsored by the UW Colleges. These experiences can be important for your particular academic or career interests.

Apply for Credit

To receive credit for your work, complete the UW Colleges Study Abroad Application form and indicate you plan to apply for “Independent Study/Internship/Volunteering Abroad.” 


Please read the Guidelines on Independent Study/Internship/Volunteering Abroad carefully and follow the steps of the application process outlined there.