High Risk Students
Students will be required to participate in special programming if they have any of the following characteristics:
- High school class rank in lowest quartile;
- GED or HSED certificate;
- High school academic course deficiencies; or
- Transfer student entering on probation.
- You will receive mandatory advising prior to registration.
- At the discretion of your advisor and the UW Colleges, you may be required to:
- restrict your course load and course selection;
- attend regular meetings with an advisor throughout the semester or session; and/or
- enroll in appropriate basic skills courses and/or tutoring.
- You will be required to meet with an advisor prior to each registration until you achieve a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 with 12 or more UW Colleges credits.
- If your scores on the English or mathematics placement tests indicate that you must enroll in remedial course work, UW policy requires that you successfully complete the remedial course(s) before you earn a total of 30 credits. In addition, you may be required to limit the number of credits carried while you are enrolled in remedial courses.
- If you do not wish to register under these conditions, you may appeal for an exception to the appropriate committee at your UW Colleges campus.