The Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies Program will provide high quality, well respected interdisciplinary, student-centered undergraduate education with the following desired outcomes:
- to document women's achievements and contributions throughout history the ability
- to foster students' ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills in written and oral presentation;
- to foster students' understanding of core concepts in feminist research in the social sciences and humanities;
- to learn to apply feminist pedagogical methods;
Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies will emphasize the use of information technologies in support of teaching, learning, scholarship, and service.
To ensure continuous improvement of our programs, Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies will implement assessment plans and will modify programs on the basis of the findings.
The Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies will provide its professional expertise to the university region and the state with particular focus on expanding collaborations with local, state, and regional organizations, including K-12 institutions for mutual benefits to students, faculty, and our communities.
The Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies will provide curricular and extracurricular activities that promote students' personal and professional growth and their commitment to social responsibilities.
- All Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies programs and activities address social change.
- Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies will promote programs and activities seeking solutions to personal, social, and environmental violence.
The Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies program will provide accessible and effective academic advising and other support services for its students.
- Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies faculty and staff will provide an effective advising program to help all students accomplish their academic, career, civic, and personal goals. Its effectiveness will be reflected in increased student satisfaction and success in accomplishing their goals.
- Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies will work to facilitate student transfers to other institutions and will propose articulation agreements where appropriate.
- Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies will foster student organizations that provide opportunities for students to participate in the governance of the Program and to provide program-wide learning opportunities and social events.
Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies will manage and develop its resources responsibly in alignment with college planning and priorities to improve student learning opportunities, to facilitate increased professional growth, and to provide service to our many communities.
Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies will provide leadership for university programs that address gender issues and women's roles.
Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies will encourage the University community to think critically and sensitively about gender, sexual orientation/identity; race, class and ethnicity; age and cultural background; and issues of size and diverse abilities.
Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies will provide resources for colleagues and students who seek resources relating to gender and women.
Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies will cooperate with campus groups which serve culturally diverse populations (e.g., Association of Nontraditional Students, GLBT Clubs, Women’s Initiatives Committee, Collegiate Association for Women, American Indian Cultural Association, African-American Union, OLLA, etc.) in planning and delivery of programs and services.