1098-T Form

The 1098-T tax form is your record of the qualified tuition and fees charged by the UW Colleges for the calendar year.

For the 2014 Calendar Year this includes the following terms:

  • Winterim 2014
  • Spring 2014
  • Summer 2014
  • Fall 2014

If you paid for your tuition in 2014 for Spring 2015 this will not be included on 1098T for 2014. We report to the IRS the terms that were billed in 2014.

You can view/print your own 1098T form for your records anytime after January 8th. You will receive an email in early January about how to do this. If you do not, you can also go to the following website to retrieve your logon information www.getmydocument.com/. If you do not have a current SSN or ITIN in the PRISM system, you will not be able to access your 1098T. You will need to download the W-9S form, complete it and return to your campus.

GetMyDocument Instructions

If you have any questions regarding your 1098-T please call (608) 262-7902** or email .

** When leaving a message please be sure to indicate the nature of your call - if you have a question or if you just need a new form sent and your current address (if changed).

Frequently asked questions on the 1098-T form

Common Question on the 1098T form:
Box 1 (Payments Received) shows a zero amount and I have paid my tuition - did you not get my payment, etc?
As required by the IRS, the University may elect reporting on the Payments Received or Amounts Billed method during the relevant calendar year. The University of Wisconsin Colleges is using the Amounts Billed method so Box 1 will not be filled in and instead Box 2 will be filled in. 
My son/daughter is still in high school and I received a 1098T form. If your son/daughter are still in high school and you received a 1098T form just disregard. Box 2 and Box 5 will be the same. If they are not, please call or email.