Your Rights and Responsibilities
As a University of Wisconsin Colleges student, you have certain rights and responsibilities respecting your relationship with your fellow students and the university. The rules, regulations and policies you will find in this booklet are intended to foster an environment of mutual respect for you and your fellow students and to enhance the educational environment of your campus. Here you will find information about federal and state laws, UW System and UW Colleges regulations, policies and procedures that pertain to you and your life on campus.
Policies Table of Contents
- UW Colleges Shared Vision Statement
- UW Colleges Code of Conduct
- Student Academic Disciplinary Procedures--Chapter 14, Wisconsin Administrative Code
- Chapter 14, Institutional Procedures
- Student Nonacademic Disciplinary Procedures: Chapter 17, Wisconsin Administrative Code
- Conduct on University Lands--Chapter 18, Wisconsin Administrative Code
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Student Discrimination Prohibited. Section 36.12(1), Wis. Stats.
- Student Accessibility Services
- Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act
- Wis. Stats. re: Sexual Assault/Harassment
- Nurturing Healthy Relationships/Sexual Assault Prevention
- Campus Sexual Assault Statistics (2013-2015)
- UW Colleges/UW-Extension Unlawful Discrimination, Sexual Harrassment, and Retaliation
- Alcohol and Other Drug Information
- Introduction to Drug Classes
- Federal Trafficking Penalties
- Substance Abuse Resources
- Warning Signs of Substance Abuse and How You Can Help
- State of Wisconsin Legal Sanctions re: Substance Abuse
- University and Federal Sanctions re: Substance Abuse
- UW Colleges Computing and Networking Usage Guidelines
- Accommodating Students' Religious Beliefs
- Student Right-to-Know
- Resources for Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA) and Sexual Assault Resources Listed by Campus
Please see the Policies section of the UW Colleges Catalog for policies on Class Attendance, Academic Misconduct and Grade Appeals.
Please see the Student Resources section of the UW Colleges Catalog for information about grievance procedures and equity in athletics.