Applying For Graduation

Congratulations on your hard work. If you plan to earn your Associate of Arts and Sciences degree or Bachelor of Applied Arts and Science degree you must submit an application for graduation.

When should I apply for graduation?

Students should apply one semester prior to completing the degree requirements. So, if you plan to graduate at the end of the Spring semester you should apply at the start of the Fall semester.

How do I apply for graduation?

You can submit a degree application via PRISM. Make sure to update your "diploma name" at time of application.

When will I receive my diploma?

Diplomas will be mailed 6-8 weeks after the end of the semester.   Associate degrees are dated the last day of the semester in which they are completed.  If needed, you may update your diploma address in PRISM prior to the end of the semester of graduation.

What are the requirements for graduation?

Associate degree seeking students must complete a minimum of 60 degree credits, have a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative grade point average and meet the core and breadth requirements.   Ensuring that you have met all the requirements for graduation is your responsibility.  If you have any questions, contact your academic advisor.

Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (BAAS) students must complete a minimum of 120 degree credits, have a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative grade point average and meet the BAAS requirements.



After July 1, 2018, students from the two-year campuses of the former University of Wisconsin (UW) Colleges will transition to become students at a branch campus of a four-year UW institution.  All institutions are collectively governed by the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System.  Each comprehensive university holds individual accreditation of the Higher Learning Commission.
This transition will occur during the 2018-19 academic year. During this transition period the UW Colleges transcript serves as the official academic record for any student enrolled at a two-year campus under the oversight and accreditation of the associated four-year institution/campus. 

The realignment of the two-year branch campuses with their respective four-year institution/campus is as follows:

Two-Year Campus Four-Year Institution/Campus
Barron County (BRN) UW-Eau Claire
Manitowoc (MAN), Marinette (MNT), Sheboygan (SHB) UW-Green Bay
Washington County (WSH), Waukesha (WAK) UW-Milwaukee
Fond du Lac (FDL), Fox Valley (FOX) UW Oshkosh
Baraboo/Sauk County (BRB), Richland (RLN) UW-Platteville
Marathon County (MTH), Marshfield/Wood County (MSF) UW-Stevens Point
Rock County (RCK) UW-Whitewater