Summer 2019 Registration Open!
Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - Friday, June 7, 2019
(10 full days including Saturday, June 1, 2019; No class on Sunday, June 2, 2019)
- UW-Platteville Baraboo Sauk County (Baraboo, WI)
- UW-Whitewater at Rock County (Janesville, WI)
- UW-Fox Valley (Menasha, WI)
- UW-Stevens Point at Wausau (Wausau, WI)
- UW-Green Bay, Manitowoc Campus (Manitowoc, WI)
- UW-Milwaukee at Waukesha (Waukesha, WI)
- UW-Milwaukee at Washington County (West Bend, WI)
To Register: Follow Directions on the Course Flyer.
This course provides the synthetic organic chemistry laboratory experience needed for chemistry and science majors and pre-professional majors in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and chiropractic. This accelerated schedule includes 85 hours of instruction and lab over a two-week period of time.
The goal is to provide a laboratory experience for students who are taking organic chemistry lecture at small campuses via distance education but who do not have access to laboratory instruction. The course will also serve other students who have been unable to complete organic chemistry laboratory.
CHE 352 (CHEM 344 at UW-Madison) includes reactions and techniques typically covered in both semesters of organic chemistry lecture, CHE 343 (CHEM 343 at UW-Madison) and CHE 363 (CHEM 345 at UW-Madison). Students enrolled in CHE 352 are expected to demonstrate an understanding of all reactions and techniques covered in the laboratory, regardless of prior exposure in lecture courses. It is HIGHLY recommended that students have successfully completed both Organic Chemistry I and II lecture courses before taking this CHE 352 organic chemistry lab course.
- Read and follow directions in Course Flyer
- Only those who receive a confirmation email from Rebecca Bauer that they have been accepted to a campus will be allowed to register for the course.
- Join the interest list to receive information for winter and summer Organic Chemistry Boot Camp courses.
- Are you a graduating senior who needs this class? 1. Sign up for the Interest List. 2. Have your advisor email email@example.com regarding your need for the class, expectant graduation date, etc. for the potential to be bumped to the top of the list.
- Wisconsin Resident: $795
- Non-Resident: $995
Summer 2019 tuition is due May 1, 2019 and does not include books, course materials, segregated fees, housing, meals or transportation.
UW-Platteville Baraboo Sauk County (Baraboo, WI) -Full*
UW-Whitewater at Rock County (Janesville, WI) -Full*
UW-Fox Valley (Menasha, WI) -Full*
UW-Stevens Point at Wausau (Wausau, WI) -Full*
UW-Green Bay, Manitowoc Campus -Full*
UW-Milwaukee at Waukesha (Waukesha, WI) -Full*
UW-Milwaukee at Washington County (West Bend, WI) -Full*
*Openings do arise. Be sure to contact Rebecca Bauer with interest.