Tuesday, January 8 - Friday, January 18, 2019
(10 full days including Saturday, January 12; No Class Sunday, January 13)
- UW-Stevens Point at Marshfield (Marshfield, WI)
- UW-Whitewater at Rock County (Janesville, WI)
- UW-Green Bay, Manitowoc Campus (Manitowoc, WI)
To Register: Follow Directions on the Course Flyer.
This course provides the synthetic organic chemistry laboratory experience needed for chemistry and science majors and pre-professional majors in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and chiropractic. This accelerated schedule includes 85 hours of instruction and lab over a two-week period of time.
The goal is to provide a laboratory experience for students who are taking organic chemistry lecture at small campuses via distance education but who do not have access to laboratory instruction. The course will also serve other students who have been unable to complete organic chemistry laboratory.
CHE 352 (CHEM 344 at UW-Madison) includes reactions and techniques typically covered in both semesters of organic chemistry lecture, CHE 343 (CHEM 343 at UW-Madison) and CHE 363 (CHEM 345 at UW-Madison). Students enrolled in CHE 352 are expected to demonstrate an understanding of all reactions and techniques covered in the laboratory, regardless of prior exposure in lecture courses. It is HIGHLY recommended that students have successfully completed both Organic Chemistry I and II lecture courses before taking this CHE 352 organic chemistry lab course.
- Prior to the class being open to the public, those on our wait/interest list will be notified via email when registration is open and the steps to follow.
- Only those who receive a confirmation email from Rebecca Bauer that they have been accepted to a campus will be allowed to register for the course.
- Join the interest list to receive information for winter and summer Organic Chemistry Boot Camp courses.
- Are you a graduating senior who needs this class? 1. Sign up for the Interest List. 2. Have your advisor email email@example.com regarding your need for the class, expectant graduation date, etc. for the potential to be bumped to the top of the list.
- Wisconsin Resident: $795
- Non-Resident: $995
Winterim 2019 tuition is due December 12, 2018 and does not include books, course materials, segregated fees, housing, meals or transportation.
UW-Stevens Point at Marshfield -2 possible openings
UW-Green Bay, Manitowoc Campus -4 possible openings
UW-Whitewater at Rock County - Full*
- Directions & Maps
- Block of rooms set-aside at hotel. $41.50/night for double occupancy. Details to be emailed to students.