Anyone who has completed courses at another college or university is considered a transfer applicant.
- Complete the University of Wisconsin System Online Application
- Submit official transcripts from each college or university you previously attended to UW Colleges, Admissions, 780 Regent Street, Madison WI 53715
- Pay $50 application fee
- Submit final high school transcripts
- If you maintained a 'C' average or higher (2.00 on a 4.00 scale) at your previous college(s), you are likely to be admitted.
- If you are admitted and had less than a 2.0 semester or cumulative GPA, the UW Colleges regulations (probation, suspended standards) will be used to determine your probation status.
Information for WI Technical College students wishing to attend a UW Colleges campus.
Financial Aid and Transferring
Financial Aid doesn’t directly transfer between schools. Each institution creates an award package based on the Cost of Attendance of the institution, a student’s Expected Family Contribution, and the aid available at the school.
In order to receive aid from another institution students must release the FAFSA information to the new school by adding the institution’s school code to their FAFSA.
Adding a school code to a FAFSA:
- Log in to FAFSA and click on the “School Selection” tab at the top of the page.
- Search for the school or enter the federal school code to locate the school. UW Colleges school code: 003897
- Check the box next to the school and click “Add.” Click “next” at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your housing plans for that school from the dropdown. Click “next” at the bottom of the page.
- Go to the “Sign & Submit” tab at the top of the page. Enter your PIN to sign the form and click “Sign”.
- Click “Submit My FAFSA NOW” at the bottom of the page.
You can get more information about transfer through the University of Wisconsin System's Transfer-Wisconsin.
Transfer-Wisconsin provides information about:
- each UW System institution including information on admissions, financial aid, registration and housing
- courses and academic programs, and transfer guides and agreements between UW institutions
- how courses transfer between the UW Colleges and other UW System institutions.
Transfer-Wisconsin is a useful tool for students at any time in the transfer planning process.