Dr. Renee Gralewicz, Associate Professor of Anthropology & Sociology at UW-Fox Valley, has been chosen to lead the project to develop infrastructure for undergraduate research for online and distance education students.
The specific goals for this project are:
- Identify barriers to completing undergraduate research
- Research best practices for undergraduate research in an online environment
- Develop the infrastructure to launch an undergraduate initiative
- Pilot an undergraduate research project
- Develop a plan for the launch of a program over the next three years with resources identified
- Hold a meeting for faculty and staff to discuss a long term initiative
Dr. Gralewicz's responsibilities will include supervising one limited project with an online student, and generating a report discussing unique needs in the Online environment. In addition, she will host a meeting of interested faculty and UW Colleges Online staff to discuss a launch of a wider initiative. In addition, Dr. Gralewicz will be attending a meeting of the Council on Undergraduate Research at the University of Oklahoma-Norman in June.