Welcome to the Student Financial Aid Office!
Our goal is to help students secure the resources needed to attend the University of Wisconsin Colleges. We encourage you to explore the information available here to assist with educational expenses.
Review the documents below for important information about your financial aid award.
- 2018-2019 Financial Aid Award Guide (with Aid Programs Chart)
- Accepting Financial Aid
- PRISM Account Access Instructions
Apply for Aid: UW Colleges' code is 003897
Apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Never pay to submit the FAFSA as it's free! Fill it out at fafsa.gov.
- Complete a 2018-2019 FAFSA (available October 1, 2017 ) for fall 2018 / spring 2019 / summer 2019
Notes: UW Colleges' FAFSA priority application date is February 1, 2018 for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Only students admitted as degree seeking are eligible for financial aid; non-degree admits are ineligible.
If selected for Verification, a student may have to provide forms and tax filing information to the Student Financial Aid Office. In order to provide tax/income information, students (and parents for Dependent aid applicants) may:
- use the FAFSA's IRS Data Retrieval Tool (available for only 2018-2019 FAFSA applications; it will not return for the 2017-2018 FAFSA form)
- request a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS
Students: Check Your UWC Student Email
It is important that your UW Colleges email account is reviewed, once a week at a minimum, so notices from the Student Financial Aid Office and other administrative offices may be addressed in a timely manner.
Financial Aid Questions?