Deployment/Active Duty

In the event that an enrolled student is called to active U.S. military service or is already on U.S. active duty and must relocate due to reassignment, the student should provide a copy of their military orders to the UW Colleges Veterans Services office. 


In the event of deployment or reassignment, a student may request a withdrawal from the semester.  Or, a student may elect to drop some courses while arranging for the completion of other courses on a case-by-case basis in coordination with the respective faculty member.  If a faculty member determines that a satisfactory amount of the course work has been completed, the faculty member may elect to determine and enter a final grade for the student, thus considering the course complete.  Student are encouraged to work with an academic advisor on a plan for degree completion or transfer as applicable.  


Students who request a withdrawal due to deployment or reassignment may receive a full refund of tuition and fees.  Please contact the UW Colleges Veterans Services Office to determine if you qualify.  

Financial Aid

When a student withdraws from classes a Federal Return of Title IV Funding (R2T4) calculation must be performed.  The calculation determines the prorated amount of all Title IV funds (Pell Grants, SEOG Grants, Direct Student Loans) which must be returned to the federal government.  This R2T4 calculation does not change for students activated or relocated for military service.  If, after the student withdraws from the term, UW Colleges refunds 100% of the tuition charges as per the refund policy, any refund must be used to repay federal programs in accordance with the R2T4 calculation. 

For additional information please contact:

Jacqueline Sacco
715-234-8176 (ext. 5464)

Tiffany Schoenfeldt

UW-Barron County
UW-Marshfield/Wood County
UW-Washington County
UW Colleges Online
UW Flexible Option
UW-Baraboo/Sauk County
UW-Fond du Lac
UW-Fox Valley
UW-Marathon County
UW-Rock County