Looking for answers?

We are here to help. Our staff is dedicated to providing you with the tools you need to use your UCard.

The UCard is the official Univeristy of Wisconsin branch campuses identification card for students, faculty and staff. The UCard can be used as an on-campus debit card in a variety of locations including cafeterias, the library, etc.

  • On any UW branch campus
  • On-campus dining
  • On-campus library
  • As a voter ID at the polls
  • On-campus printing (coming soon)

Visit the Center for Academic & Student Engagement (CASE) Desk, located in your UW branch campus library.

In order to receive a UCard, you will be asked to present proof of identification, in person at the CASE desk, located in your UW branch campus library.


The following forms of identification may be presented:

  • US/Foreign Passport or Passport Card
  • US State Driver's License or Identification Card
  • US Military Identification Card, including Military Dependent's ID Card
  • US Coast Guard Merchant Marine Card

If you do not have one of the forms of valid government ID mentioned above, you may alternatively present two forms of ID from the following list:

  • High School Photo ID
  • Credit Card with Photo
  • Social Security Card
  • Certified UW Transcript
  • Certified Birth Certificate
  • Certified Marriage License
  • Military Discharge DD214
  1. Log in to the GET Funds site using your campus login and password, as soon as possible.
  2. Select the option that allows you to deactivate your UCard.
  3. Visit the CASE Desk, located in your campus library, to inquire about a replacement or to see if someone returned your card.
  4. You will be charged $5 and your card will then be printed on site if you need a replacement.


The CASE Desk, located in your UW branch campus library, will charge you $5 to replace and reprint your UCard.

If you find your lost card, you will need to reactivate the card in person at the CASE Desk located in your UW branch campus library.

UCard Dollars is an online, prepaid debit account that may be used to purchase goods or services at participating UW branch campus locations. The program is administered by UW branch campuses (UW Colleges) and it is not affiliated with any financial institution.

  • Discounted UW branch campus meals
  • Accepted at UW branch campus cafes and bookstores
  • Simple online depositing process
  • Safer and easier than cash
  • No transaction fees of any kind

UCard Dollars can be added to your UCard account online at any time using a credit or debit card, from the convenience of a computer or mobile device.


If you are a student, staff or member of the faculty:

  1. Visit GET Funds and login to your account.

If you are depositing money into someone's account that is not your own:

  1. Visit GET Funds and select the following option: “Click Here to Deposit into A Student’s Account.”
  2. You will need to know the recipient's UW Colleges ID number.

No, your student account and UCard on-campus debit account are separate accounts. Therefore, no transfers of any kind can be made between them.

In order to view your balance and transaction history you will need to login to GET Funds.

Yes, UCard Dollars do carry over. However, UCard Dollars will expire on June 30 if your UCard has not seen activity for an entire year.

No, cash cannot be withdrawn from your UCard Dollars account.

UCard account balances of $25 or more will be refunded when a student is classified as an academic withdrawal and provides documentation, or of a student is graduating and not returning to a UW branch campus after the semester is over. A refund processing fee of $10 will be assessed on the balance prior to issuing a refund. Please fill out the balance refund form and email it to ucardsupport@uwc.edu to request a refund on your UCard balance.

If your balance is $25 or less after the refund processing fee has been accessed, we encourage you to spend it on UW branch campus prior to your departure.


If you have additional questions, fill out this UCard support form!