I'm an Active Duty Veteran

If you entered the service on or after September 11, 2001 you most likely qualify for the Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) and/or the Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30)
  • Talk to your local County Veterans Service Office (CVSO) to determine which is best for you.  The Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs provides a County or Tribal Veterans Service Office (CVSO) list with information regarding your nearest office.  Next, apply through the Veterans Educational Benefits portal.
  • If you have already applied for federal VA benefits or used them at a different institution, send a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) and DD 214 member-4 to uwc-veterans@uwc.edu
If you joined the military as a Wisconsin resident or have been a Wisconsin resident for at least five continuous years, prior to the start date of any term, you may also be eligible for the WI GI Bill.

WI state law requires you to use the Post 9/11 GI Bill first.  However, you are encouraged to apply for both as students who are eligible for both Post 9/11 and WI GI Bill benefits may also be eligible for a supplemental payment.  

If you have recently been discharged or are eligible for VA education benefits you may also be eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) education and career counseling through the VA.

For more information and to apply, click here

For additional information please contact:


Jacqueline Sacco
715-234-8176 (ext. 5464)

Tiffany Schoenfeldt

UW-Barron County
UW-Marshfield/Wood County
UW-Washington County
UW Colleges Online
UW Flexible Option
UW-Baraboo/Sauk County
UW-Fond du Lac
UW-Fox Valley
UW-Marathon County
UW-Rock County